Hello and welcome to my website! I am a licensed clinical psychologist in the state of Illinois and have over 20 years of counseling experience. My Ph.D. in clinical psychology is from Purdue University. I believe in the scientist-practitioner model of psychology, which speaks to the value of both the art and the science of psychotherapy and psychological research. I have tried to embody this in my career, both in terms of practice and research. I elaborate on these areas in the Counseling and Publications/Media areas of my website.
I have been told that I am warm, caring, and gentle in my interactions with others. I also feel passionately about social justice issues, and I believe this equally informs my practice, writing, and way of being. Community service is another value I hold, and I currently serve on the board of directors for RACES, the local rape crisis center (https://www.cu-races.org/).
- licensed clinical psychologist, licensed in Illinois since 2001
- clinical counselor, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Counseling Center; 1998-2005
- program chair, Asian Pacific American outreach
- coordinator, practicum program
- coordinator, outreach and consultative services
- adjunct assistant professor, educational psychology
- doctoral psychology intern, Michigan State University Counseling and Psychiatric Services; 1997-1998
- staff counselor, Purdue University Counseling and Psychological Services; 1995-1997